I like to serve these together, but the chicken and salad both work as snacks on their own.
Recipe from 'Blood Sugar: The Family' by Michael Moore.
Published by New Holland Press.
1. In a small bowl mix together the agave nectar with the hoisin sauce and the lemon juice and zest. Place drumsticks in a large dish and brush with the mixture. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat a grill pan or barbecue and grill the drumsticks until cooked through and caramelised on the skin. Keep brushing this on as they cook. For a nice barbecue flavour, I even let the skin almost burn.
3. In a small bowl combine the salad vegetables and gently mix. Season with sea salt and pepper.
4. Mix the dressing ingredients into a small jar and shake well.
5. Serve the salad on the side with the hot sticky chicken and some lemon wedges.
Makes 4 servings
|Prep Time:||120 mins|
|Cooking Time:||10 mins|
|Ready in:||140 mins|
|Dinner, Lunch, Salad, Snack|
|Nutritional Information - Per Serve|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Total Protein||36 g|
Disclaimer: The Food Coach provides all content as is, without warranty. The Food Coach is not responsible for errors or omissions, or consequences of improper preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation or consumption.